When your day is dragging—through a workout, class, or day at work—enjoy some Peppermint oil benefits by applying it to your head and neck. The refreshing aroma will give you a boost of positivity! Peppermint oil is one of the most highly regarded oils for supporting digestion — just rub a drop on your abdomen or the bottoms of your feet to support the gastrointestinal system and encourage healthy digestion.
Peppermint is known to support the gastrointestinal system, nervous system, musculoskeletal system, respiratory system, and cardiovascular system.
EVERYDAY USES FOR PEPPERMINT
– Diffuse or inhale to help maintain concentration, alertness, and memory
– Dilute + rub over stomach and around the navel to promote healthy digestion
– Dilute + massage into overworked and tired muscles
– Dilute + apply to bottoms of feet to help cool down the body after exercise or outdoor work
– Add a drop of peppermint to recipes in place of peppermint extract
– To relieve head pressure and tension dilute + apply to the temples, forehead, and the back of the neck
– Add a drop to your hand, rub hands together in a clockwise motion, cup hands to face, then inhale deeply to open up your nose and breathe freely
– Inhale the fragrance to curb appetite and lessen the impulse to over eat
(1) For many peppermint should be diluted prior to topical use. Dilute 1:4 then apply to desired areas.
(2) Apply on Vita Flex points
(3) Inhale directly
(5) Peppermint Vitality may be taken as a dietary supplement as directed on the label
Getting Started with the Premium Starter Kit
Your Premium Starter Kit Includes:
Your Choice of Diffuser
Premium Essential Oils Collection;
Peppermint Vitality™ 5-ml
Lemon Vitality™ 5-ml
Copaiba Vitality™ 5-ml
Thieves® Vitality™ 5-ml
DiGize™ Vitality™ 5-ml
Stress Away™ 5-ml
AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
10 Sample Packets
2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
Have More Questions About Essential Oils?
Check out my Essential Oil FAQ
BONUS INFO ON PEPPERMINT:
BOTANICAL NAME: Mentha Piperita
PLANT ORIGIN: North America.
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distilled from leaves, stems, and flower buds.
HISTORICAL DATA: Peppermint is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint’s effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint’s role in affecting impaired taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy.
Avoid contact with eyes, mucus membranes, or sensitive skin areas. Do not apply neat to a fresh wound or burn.
If pregnant or nursing consult your health care provider. Peppermint should always be diluted and used sparingly in infants and children under 2 years old.
Peppermint is purifying and stimulating to the conscious mind.