While perfecting my homemade oreos recipe, I had to wade through a lot of failed attempts. Some were terrible and went right into the trash, while others were more palatable (dare I even say delicious).
Fortunately this recipe turned out to be in the later category and was a delightful mistake that I have made several times since!
Devil's Food Chocolate Cookies
A perfectly cake like cookie that doesn't crumble at a touch and is strong enough to hold up to the darkest coffee roast!
I like to have a few cookies with a large cup of coffee on a long car trip. It pairs perfectly and helps keep the road-trip munchies at bay!
Filling and delicious, without being heavy! The whole family loves these delicious cookies and we know you will too!
Storing Devil's Food Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
We store our finished and cooled cookies in a large gallon mason jar. Keep the lid closed and add a moisture absorber pack to keep them fresh and delicious for up to 1 month!
Or you can roll and freeze the dough for fresh cookies any time by just baking them directly from the freezer.
Devil's Food Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups einkorn flour
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips OR 1 cup regular size chocolate chips
- Melt butter, add sugar, mix well. Sift dry goods and mix all at once into butter/sugar mix.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Mix until very smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, mix well. Portion 1 tablespoon portions onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes.