I love fall, but when it’s still so hot outside, I find it difficult to get into the autumn mood. So I put together a list of free fall activities to get you in the fall mood even when it’s hot! Plus, most of them are completely free!
A friend of mine recently said that she was boycotting all things fall until the weather cooled off.
If you’re lucky enough to be somewhere like Kentucky, Oregon, or California, this may not be an issue for you, but here in the good ol’ Lone Star State, it’s still blazing hot when “fall” rolls around!
So that got me to thinking, how could we start enjoying fall now? I came up with a list of 35 things that you could do to enjoy fall, even when it’s hot outside.
BONUS: They are (almost) all free!!
35 Ways to Enjoy Fall for FREE (even when it’s hot outside!)
1. Make a list of things you’re thankful for.
2. Enjoy the newest season of your favorite fall TV shows.
3. Go to a pumpkin patch and take pictures
4. Make acorn flour chocolate chip cookies.
5. Collect canned goods for your local food bank.
6. Visit a corn maze.
7. Take your family holiday card photo.
8. Rake leaves and then…
9. Play in the leaves!
10. Start writing your “I’m Thankful For…” cards for Thanksgiving dinner!
11. Change out your seasonal clothing and get ready for cooler weather.
12. Paint your nails in fall colors. P.S. – If you can do this, you’re waaaay ahead of me!
13. Have a picnic under a shade tree.
14. Re-purpose things you already have to bring in fall colors and textures (ON A BUDGET!).
15. Make this creamy potato soup.
16. Go camping.
17. Go for a drive to see the fall foliage. (Hurry before it all dies!!)
18. Make some aluminum leaf art.
19. Take photos of the changing seasons.
20. Make some Crockpot Apple Butter
21. Go to a fall festival.
22. Update your Facebook cover photo with a fall image.
23. Pick pinecones and decorate your home with them.
24. Volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen.
25. Throw a potluck fall harvest dinner party.
26. Make corn-husk dolls.
27. Make a scarecrow.
28. Take a nighttime hayride.
29. Have a Fall-themed scavenger hunt with your kids (or your friends).
30. Make your house smell like fall.
31. Eat candy corn.
32. Roast pumpkin seeds.
33. Create a soundtrack for fall.
34. Watch the harvest moon.
35. Curl up with a good book… Fire optional 😉