Healthy dinner ideas can be hard to come by, especially when you're on a budget. This budget friendly, one pan broccoli casserole is gluten free, paleo friendly, and loved by all! Plus, it's oven ready in less than 15 minutes, and only has 4 ingredients!
Finding meal ideas that are healthy, fast, and easy can seem like an impossible task. And finding meals that are easy on the wallet can seem even harder, especially when you're on a specialty diet like the Primal or Paleo diet.
We like to do a Paleo cleanse several times a year, which includes cutting out all grains, sugars, and even fruits.
During those times it can seem like there's nothing to eat! However, this simple broccoli casserole dinner recipe is a favorite no matter what meal plan we are following.
It's ready in 30-45 minutes from start to finish, and is just about one of the most delicious meals you'll ever eat. It's even husband and kid approved!
Using all organic ingredients this broccoli casserole costs just $1.37 per serving!
Brisket (all natural) - $1.45 / pound
Frozen Organic Broccoli - $1.98 / pound
Organic Pasta Sauce - $2.98 / jar
Organic Raw Cheese - $5.00 / 8 ounces (recipe uses 4 ounces)
Spices - Negligible
Total cost per recipe: $12.34
Cost per serving: $1.37
Gluten Free Broccoli Casserole
If you're not serving anything else with this meal, one batch makes about 9 meal sized servings. We like to eat it on its own most of the time, but a side of french bread and a salad would be a perfect combination!
- 2 lbs Organic Frozen Broccoli
- 2 lbs Ground Brisket or Ground Round
- 1 large jar of Organic Pasta Sauce
- 4 ounces of Shredded Raw Cheddar
- In a skillet, or a large oven safe metal casserole dish, brown the meat and season with salt, pepper, garlic to taste.
- Add pasta sauce to meat, once browned.
- Add broccoli to casserole dish and mix with sauce until well combined.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes until hot all the way through and the cheese is melted.