Homemade Club crackers, or butter crackers, are a simple staple recipe that can easily be added to your pantry! These homemade crackers are made with einkorn flour, but any all-purpose wheat flour can be used!
Homemade crackers that are melt in your mouth buttery may seem like an elusive dream, they did for me, but in reality they are quick and easy to make from scratch. These homemade butter crackers taste just like the store-bought version but have none of the unwanted ingredients.
A few years ago we made the full time switch to using Einkorn flour only for all of our flour needs. Since Einkorn is wheat, just an easier to digest form, most recipes were easy to translate...
The only problem was the same problem most people who cook from scratch find themselves facing... If we want to eat it, we have to actually make it!
So some recipes only get made every once in a while, while others become quick and easy staples.
This Christmas my dad asked me to try my hand at one of his favorite holiday treats, club crackers with homemade cream cheese and jalapeño jelly!
I played around with a few different versions before settling on this one. The taste and texture are identical to the store bought version and with none of the ingredients that make us feel terrible!
Homemade Club Crackers
While making your own crackers from scratch may seem like something you're not interested in, it's actually pretty simple once you get past the first attempt.
Actually, the first attempt is pretty darn easy too!
This simple homemade cracker recipe is easy to whip up using a food processor, takes about 15 minutes to have oven ready, and helps my family feel more "normal" without making bad food choices!
These einkorn crackers are a staple in our household. Perfect for lunch boxes, car trips, eating with cheese and apples, enjoying with cream cheese and jelly, crumbling up in your soup, and more!
Storing Your Homemade Crackers
We have found that these crackers will basically last forever, if stored properly.
Store in an air tight container, with a moisture absorber (such as these), will do the trick in most climates to keep these crackers crisp and fresh!
Club Cracker Cookie Cutter
While you certainly can use a pizza cutter or a knife to score your cracker dough, I recently developed this Club cracker cookie cutter that makes all my crackers exactly the same size and shape, which makes it a lot more fun to enjoy these homemade crackers!
More Recipes to Enjoy
- Preheat over to 400° F
- Add dry ingredients to food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add cold butter in small cubes, pulse until crumbly.
- Add honey and milk, pulse until ball forms.
- If dough is still very sticky, add a bit more flour and pulse again.
- Remove dough from food processor and divide into two balls to roll out seperately.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough to about 1/8" thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into whatever size crackers you'd like.
- Poke holes into each cracker with a fork. I like to do 3-4 rows of holes to make them look like the store-bought version.
- Transfer crackers to baking tray and bake at 400° for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush crackers with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.