Learn how to make this mini keto donuts recipe with chocolate and almond butter! If you're easing off of carbs this is the perfect chocolate keto donut. There is no need to give up donuts completely with this recipe!
I once attempted the keto diet until I realized that meant I couldn't really have traditional bread or donuts; the horror! Luckily, with this mini keto donut recipe with chocolate and almond butter, I can make a solid go at it again. All kidding aside, if you are trying to cut down on carbs, these keto donuts might be just what you need in your life! ;-)
Mini Keto Donuts Recipe with Chocolate and Almond Butter
We all know what it's like to really WANT something to eat, but then feeling like we can't have it. I despise that feeling. That's why I'm all in with these keto donuts.
You get all the sweetness of donuts without the guilt and crash of carbs. Phew, breakfast is saved! Now I don't have to mean mug my husband while he eats donuts in front of me.
He'll be relieved, and I won't be hungry!
The fact that these donuts are miniature makes them extremely appealing for kids. Stop buying those bagged miniature donuts, and make these donuts instead. :-)
✅ This is our favorite mini donut maker! We've had it for over 15 years and it still works perfectly!
Mix the eggs, maple syrup, milk, and butter together until well combined.
Add the coconut flour and mix quickly to avoid clumping.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix together until completely smooth. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes until the coconut flour has fully absorbed the liquid.
Fill the mini donut-maker about 1/2 of the way full and cook for 2 minutes after all the cavities are filled. Ignore the indicator light and cook for two minutes once the lid is closed.
MORE RECIPES TO TRY: If you are looking for more keto-friendly recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth try these Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies and these Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Mini Keto Chocolate Donuts with Almond Butter
- mini donut maker
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp butter (melted)
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp milk
- Mix eggs, maple syrup, milk, and butter together until the ingredients are well-combined. You can do this with a whisk or mixer.
- Add the coconut flour and mix it in quickly to avoid any clumping.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes until the coconut flour has fully absorbed all the liquids.
- Fill each of the mini donut maker cavities about 1/2 of the way full and cook for 2 minutes once all the cavities are filled. Ignore the indicator light and only cook for 2 minutes once the lid is closed.
Chocolate Keto Donuts FAQ
Wondering a few things about this keto chocolate donuts recipe? Here are a few of our most frequently asked questions that may help!
Do you have the carb count?
Yep! Here is the nutritional information for these almond butter keto donuts, at 4 donuts per serving.
Or, if you want to eat the whole batch, here's the nutritional information for that!
My nutritional information is different than yours, why?
It's crazy to me, but different almond butters have different nutritional facts. It seems like it should all be the same!
- The various brands I used for this recipe are as follows:
- Kirkland's Organic Almond Butter (we get it at Costco)
- Azure Standard Grade A Robust Maple Syrup
- Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
Have another question? Ask me in the comments!
PIN THIS FOR LATER
✨ JOIN NOW ✨