These easy Halloween rice krispie treats are perfect for class parties, lunch boxes, or even a dessert for an event! These dark chocolate black cat krispie treats are a simple twist on a classic dessert!
Everyone has heard of Rice Krispie Treats, they are an American classic. But even with their familiar taste, the old rectangles are lacking a little snap, crackle, and pop!
So I put my thinking cap on and started brainstorming about a cute way to make this old standard a little more custom, especially for the holidays… And let me tell you, these dark chocolate dipped black cats are AMAZING!
Dark Chocolate Black Cat Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
You’ve probably made Rice Krispie Treats before, but if not, rest assured, they are pretty simple. With only 3 ingredients, you can have this recipe firming up in about 3 minutes or less. That makes it perfect for a busy afternoon!
I used organic crispy rice, homemade marshmallows, and grass-fed butter for this recipe, along with my homemade honey chocolate. But use whatever version of each ingredient that you want and enjoy these delicious (and adorable) Halloween rice krispie treats!
Check out this video to see the full process and then the printable recipe below that!
- In a glass bowl, over a double boiler (or in the microwave), melt butter and marshmallows. Stirring frequently.
- Add Cereal and mix well.
- Press mixture into a greased shallow pan (you want them about a 1/2 inch thick at most!). Let firm up for about 2 hours.
- Cut pumpkins in half.
- Melt chocolate chips in glass bowl, over double boiler (or in microwave).
- While chocolate is melting, place treats in the freezer for about 5 minutes. This makes them easier to cut out!
- Remove treats from freezer and use Cat Cookie Cutter to cut shapes.
- Dip shapes in melted chocolate and place half pumpkin pieces in place before chocolate hardens.
- Let firm until chocolate is solid.
- Use yellow icing to make eyes. Serve and enjoy!