Skip the olive oil or other strong flavored oils with this delicious mayo recipe! This G.A.P.S. diet legal mayonnaise uses a fabulous combination of oils to achieve the perfect mild mayo taste we are used to with store bought mayo!
Homemade Mayo Recipe - No Olive Oil, No Avocado Oil
Finding a mayo recipe that really tasted like our favorite store bought mayonnaise (Helmen's) wasn't easy. There was a lot of trial and error, testing different oil combinations, and more...
But eventually I hit that sweet spot and found a homemade mayo recipe that is not only G.A.P.S. legal, but works for keto and paleo diets as well!
And as a bonus, this recipe for homemade mayonnaise doesn't use any olive oil OR avocado oil, which I have found to be very overpowering in their taste.
Instead, it uses sesame and grapeseed oils to create a delicious mild tasting homemade mayonnaise! I use this mayo in everything from ranch dressing to deviled eggs!
Related: GAPS, Low-Carb Ketchup Recipe
- 2 large eggs COLD
- 1 tsp yellow mustard (organic, no sugar)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (This is needed to allow it to stay fresh for several weeks in the fridge)
- 1/2 tsp salt (we used pink Himalayan)
- 1 cup sesame oil (cold pressed)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (optional, you can use all sesame)
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT oils to a food processor (or blender) and blend until combined.
- With processor running, slowly drizzle oil into mix. It should take about 1 minute to pour all the oil into the egg mix.
- Once oil has been added, check mayo for consistency. If it is too thin for your liking, add more oil (with machine on) 1 Tbsp at a time until consistency is reached.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge for up to 5 weeks.