Because we live in a TINY house I try to cut down on the number of appliances I have (says the girl with a home freeze dryer in her kitchen). Generally, if I can do it by hand I try to avoid the appliance.
Like bread making! I used to use a bread machine back in the day and it was amazing! Hand-off, no effort, pop the finished product out and enjoy!
But once we moved I really had to take a good long look at that bread machine. Eventually we got rid of it and opted for my easy no-knead bread recipe for daily (weekly) use!
However, many of my awesome readers still have room for their bread machines and they have asked for an einkorn bread machine sandwich bread recipe!
So I borrowed my mom's bread machine and spent about 2 weeks perfecting an einkorn sandwich bread recipe for the bread machine.
Einkorn Bread Machine Recipe: Sandwich Bread
While this bread machine recipe does require custom settings, once you set the program it's all hands off!
Plus, it's a super fast loaf since you are only doing 1 knead and 1 rise!
NOTE: If you are not using einkorn flour, increase the water to 1 3/4 cups and proceed.
Einkorn Bread Machine Sandwich Bread
- 4 cups einkorn flour
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Add all ingredients to the bread machine bowl.
- Change custom settings to: (1) 10 minute knead, 75 minute rise, 50 min bake. Set to medium crust.
- Start machine and wait! Remove pan from machine when it's done. Wait 30 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.
- Allow bread to cool fully before cutting to avoid crumbly bread.