This is the perfect fall breakfast with a cup of coffee and a good book! The crunch of caramel and the gooey pumpkin butter insides make an irresistible combination that will have you coming back for more!
This week I was so excited about the official start of fall coming up, that I have been cooking all sorts of “fall dishes”. Starting with this Pumpkin Butter Bliss!
While I was trying to think of a fun original fall recipe to share with y’all all kinds of ideas were circling around in my head. I was just starting to settle on something with apple butter when the words pumpkin butter popped into my head and I knew I was on to something amazing.
I’ve never had pumpkin butter before, but apple butter is one of my favorite things and I figured pumpkin butter would be just as good right?
Um, yes. Very right!
These delicious jumbo pull apart muffins were put together and baked within 30 minutes!
Each muffin has 3 individually filled pockets of sweet pumpkin goodness topped with a crunchy caramel glaze that is very satisfying to munch down on.
I ended up opting for a pre-made biscuit to make this recipe, just for time sake. But you could easily make the biscuits from scratch if you wanted.
These should definitely be on your fall brunch menu. I know they will be on mine!
Pumpkin Butter filled Pull Apart Muffins with Crunchy Caramel Glaze
I quickly made the pumpkin butter, seriously, it only took 5 minutes! Then I gathered all my ingredients in one spot to throw these bad boys together.
I started by cutting each biscuit in half, then spreading them out by hand. Get them as thin as you can, but keep in mind that they will need to hold some thick pumpkin goodness, so you don’t want them too thin. Into each flattened half biscuit, spoon out a scant teaspoon of pumpkin butter.
Bring all the sides of the biscuit around the filling and pinch close. Be sure to not allow the filling to squeeze out or you won’t get a good seal!
Into each JUMBO muffin space, place 3 filled half biscuits. Try to make sure each third is touching the bottom of the space.
Next, spoon the caramel glaze onto each muffin. Use as much or as little as you want!
Here I tossed a few chocolate chips on the end muffins… Spoilers: They turned out to be amazing!
Then throw them in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
As you can see the caramel will spread a bit. That’s ok! It comes right off and is delicious on its own, or sprinkled over the muffins.
So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy these bad boys on a foggy fall morning… or a warm fall evening. Whatever you have available 😉
Oh, and here are the chocolate ones… so, so good. 🙂
- 1 Can Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cans Buttermilk Biscuits
- Combine all pumpkin butter ingredients into a medium sauce pan.
- Turn heat onto high, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Maintain heat, stirring often, until pumpkin butter is desired thickness. Should take 5-7 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients into small sauce pan.
- Heat on medium until butter and sugar are well combined.
- Turn off heat until glaze is needed. A quick re-heat may be needed if caramel hardens.
- Grease jumbo muffin pan and preheat oven to 350.
- Cut each biscuit in half as pictured.
- Flatten slightly, not making them too thin.
- Add a small teaspoon of pumpkin butter to middle of flattened biscuit.
- Pinch biscuit closed around pumpkin butter.
- Add three filled half biscuits to jumbo muffin space.
- Top with desired amount of caramel glaze.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan with tongs.
- Serve warm and enjoy!