I’ve even been known to make Weasley Sweaters for all the babies and toddlers I know. At least the ones whose parents would actually let them wear such a thing!
And when it comes to Harry Potter, we even get a little crazy with our snacks!
Harry Potter Chocolate Frog with Box Printable
These Harry Potter inspired chocolate frogs with boxes to match are so easy to make and add a fantastic touch to any Harry Potter party, event, or just a theme lunchbox snack!
You can actually buy one chocolate frog in a box here… for $24 a piece! Crazy!!
This recipe makes 12 chocolate frogs using this frog shaped candy mold and ends up costs about 0.28 CENTS per finished frog and box set! Love that savings!
Since the chocolate frogs that you can buy are chocolate and crisped rice, that’s what I recreated here. However, I do also like to make chocolate covered homemade marshmallows using this candy mold! Delicious either way!
Making the Chocolate Frogs
Harry Potter Chocolate Frog
These Harry Potter chocolate frogs with printable boxes are a perfect way to add a little extra special touch to any Harry Potter party or viewing event!
- 8 oz Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup crispy rice
- 1 mold Chocolate Frogs
Melt dark chocolate chips in a double boiler.
Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each chocolate frog cavity and spread up the sides to create a shell. Place mold in the fridge for about 10 minutes or until firm.
Place 1/4 cup of crispy rice in a bowl and crunch it with the back of a spoon to make the pieces smaller.
Add 1/3 cup of melted chocolate into the crunched up crispy rice and mix.
Spoon chocolate/rice mixture into hardened chocolate frog shells (still in the mold) and flatted the bottoms as much as possible.
Place in the fridge until firm.
Loosen from mold like you would ice from an ice cube tray, and place into boxes! Enjoy!
Making the Chocolate Frog Box
Making your own chocolate frog boxes is pretty simple, and each box took me just about 3 minutes from start to finish! Follow these easy steps and you’ll be done in no time!
Download the Chocolate Frog Box Template
1. Print the chocolate frog box template on CARDSTOCK.
2. With a straight edge or Xacto knife, CUT along the one line marked “v v CUT v v“. Do not cut the entire length of the section, only cut the thicker part of the line.
3. Fold every single line towards the inside of the box, one by one.
4. Take the WHITE TRIANGLE tabs and place them behind the rectangle side they are pointing TOWARDS.
5. Secure tabs with whatever you have available. I’ve found glue dots to be the best option!
6. Fold SKINNY WHITE TAB over the triangle and secure.
7. Repeat steps 3-5 until all tabs are secured.
8. Place lid flat behind the finished piece that says “FROG” and secure.