I love to cook, I really do.
But the act of cooking every single meal, every single day tends to grate on my patience.
So I tend to cook more food, less frequently. Like, maybe once a month... sometimes less!
My tiny freezer somehow turns into a T.A.R.D.I.S. and allows for a months worth of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners to cram their way inside. Plus, freezer meals save a ton of time and money by keeping you from eating out in a pinch.
This recipe is also fast, easy, and cheap!
Hot Sandwiches on the Go!
- Sweet Rolls
- Cheese (I use Heinie's Raw Cheddar)
- Deli Meat (I use Boar's Head Cajun Turkey)
- A Sauce of your choice (I use half mustard/half mayo, mixed well)
- Roll of aluminum foil
- Cut rolls in half
- Spread sauce thickly across both halves
- Add meat and cheese to your liking
- Place sandwich TOP DOWN onto foil and wrap tightly. Make sure that everything is completely covered!
- Throw them into the freezer.
- When you are ready to heat them up, toss them in the oven and set the temp to 350. Bake for 45 minutes and enjoy the best hot sandwich you've ever had!
* If the sandwiches are not frozen, 15-20 minutes in the oven should be perfect!
Do you have a favorite "make ahead" meal? I'd love to hear about it!