Whether it's Spring Break, Easter Break, or just a long weekend, this list of 62 Free Spring Activities will jump start your imagination and help you have fun without spending a penny!
It's that time of year where the weather is mostly gorgeous and the kids have long breaks from school and you need to fill their time!
Some people choose to go on vacation during this season, but that's not an option for everyone (like us!), so I thought I would share a big list of ways to enjoy the spring season while spending zero extra money out of pocket!
P.S. Even if you don't have kids around, these ideas can double and fun and cheap date ideas! Through a few of them together with a homemade picnic and you've got an amazing evening!
62 Free Spring Activities
All of these activities can work for families of all shapes, sizes, and ages... you may have to adjust a bit for ages, but that's about it!
I've broken this list down into different categories for you, so it's easier to find something quickly. Now all that's let is for you to pick and choose from this list to create a fabulous set of Spring activities!
OUTSIDE AT HOME SPRING ACTIVITIES
If you love to climb trees, blow bubbles, and enjoy nature, then these outdoor spring activities are perfect for you and your family.
1. Plant seeds in seed starters for a backyard garden.
2. Play a classic game like jump rope, hopscotch, or jacks.
3. Make an obstacle course in the backyard and time each other running through.
4. Make a bird feeder with items you already have.
5. Go on a scavenger hunt in nature.
6. Climb a tree.
7. Make dish soap bubble mix and blow bubbles.
8. Wash the car and have a water fight (if it's warm enough).
9. Lie on your backs on a blanket in the field and cloud gaze.
10. Have a paper airplane race.
11. Camp in the backyard.
12. Learn old camp songs and sing them around a backyard campfire.
13. Take pictures of nature.
FOOD RELATED SPRING ACTIVITIES
Cooking together as a family is always fun, especially when you're trying a new recipe. Here are a few ideas to help you get starting making the most of a beautiful spring day!
14. Create a fresh strawberry shortcake
15. Try this homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe.
16. Take a picnic to the park and enjoy the sunshine.
17. Make pasta from scratch.
18. Bake homemade bread.
19. Make waffles together for breakfast for dinner.
20. Whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
21. Make ice cream floats.
22. Bake a dozen vanilla cupcakes.
23. Make homemade snow cone syrup for shaved ice.
24. Make some homemade lemonade.
25. Roll some homemade tortillas for soft tacos.
26. Make homemade marshmallows and graham crackers for s'mores.
27. Host a potluck for friends and family in the backyard.
AROUND TOWN SPRING ACTIVITIES
Explore your hometown and learn more about the history of your local area! Step outside your normal paths and discover the adventures in your backyard with these fun spring activities around town!
28. Go on a walk around the neighborhood or nearby park.
29. Go to the farmer's market and meet the local growers in your area.
30. Play at the playground (or three!)
31. Visit a farm or dairy in your area. Just call ahead and ask for a tour! Most are happy to have you visit!
32. Visit the historic district of your city and learn more about your town.
33. Find a community program where you can volunteer as a family.
34. Teach your kids to skip stones on a pond.
35. Find a clover patch and search for four-leaf clovers.
36. Go Geocaching.
37. Attend free music/movies in the park.
38. Go for a bike ride.
39. Visit a museum on free admittance day.
40. Take a dip in the community swimming pool (if it’s open).
INDOOR ACTIVITIES AND CRAFTS
Though you'll likely want to spend most of your family outside on beautiful spring days, the spring does also come with a lot of rainy days. As a result, here are a ton of fun indoor activities to enjoy this spring!
45. Play board games.
46. Learn a new card game.
47. Clean out your closets and donate old winter clothes.
48. Dig out all your craft supplies and make a family art project.
49. Paint the sunrise or sunset with homemade paints (or whatever you have on hand).
50. Learn to do some origami.
51. Put together a jigsaw puzzle.
52. Play classic games like Simon Says or Red Light, Green Light.
53. Make sock puppets and put on a show.
54. Take family pictures.
55. Have a dance off.
56. Write poems about Spring.
57. Play charades.
58. Pick a topic and all write stories about the topic, then share them with each other.
59. Look at old photos and tell stories from the past.
60. Go for a hike.
61. Play dress up and act out classic fairy tails.
62. Have a Sing-a-Long with your favorite Disney movie.
No matter what activity you choose this spring for you and your family, you really can't go wrong with this list! Enjoy!
PIN THIS FOR LATER
Most Popular Frugal Living Posts