Learning how to make your own condiments such as mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, and more is an easy way to cut down your budget and put you in control of the things you and your family are eating!
Check out these 36 food staples you can be making yourself!
We all know that you can cut big things out of your budget and save money... but what about all the little things that you don't even think about?
When I sat down last year to really carve away at our budget, I realized it was the little things that were dragging us down. So we began to cut out everything we could, and either do without or make everything else! Here are a few great recipes for things we ended up making ourselves!
<< How to Make Cream Cheese at Home | 2 Minute Ranch Dressing >>
Mayo is one of the easiest ways to start cutting out vegetable oil from your diet. Just substitute avocado or grapeseed oil for a smooth taste that's just like "regular" mayo! Olive oil can be used too, but it has a much stronger flavor than "regular" mayo.
You can even kick your mayonnaise up a notch by making probiotic rich mayo!
1. If you have an immersion blender - this recipe for homemade mayo only takes 30 seconds!
2. Or maybe you just have a food processor like me. This recipe only takes 1 minute!
3. Get extra probiotics in your diet with this Cultured Mayo recipe from April Tells All.
4. BACON MAYONNAISE! Yep. I know one little brother of mine who is going to be thrilled about this...
Ketchup comes in all shapes and sizes at the store... so why should homemade be any different? Though all of these look amazing, each is a little different!
5. Here's a SUPER EASY recipe for ketchup that doesn't involve processing tomatoes first! Just grab a can of tomato paste and you're all set!
6. Did you know fermented ketchup is a thing? It is, and it looks amazing! Get the recipe here.
7. Are you like me and you love canning food for later? How about making this big batch of ketchup and canning it with these instructions from Common Sense Home!
Oh mustard, you make everything better!!
8. Want that classic yellow mustard taste - It's super easy with this recipe!
9. Get a little kick with this Spicy Sweet Mustard recipe!
10. Need more probiotics? What doesn't? Get them with this Probiotic Honey Mustard!
11. How about a Hot Pepper Mustard fit for a Mountain Woman?
12. This Doubly Hot Horseradish Mustard seems like a challenge for any set of taste buds!
Since your mouth is already on fire from that horseradish mustard... how about some Hot Sauce recipes?
13. Homemade Hot Sauce
14. Hot Pepper Oil?
Y'all will have to excuse me. My Texas is showing a bit... we LOVE our Tex-Mex here in Texas, so the section on salsa was obviously going to be the biggest!
15. Restaurant Style Salsa
16. Salsa Verde
17. Corn and Black Bean Salsa
18. Roasted Corn Salsa (no beans)
19. Canning Salsa at Home + Recipe
20. Pico de Gallo
21. Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Pickled Foods and Relish
Though we eat most of our pickles in the form of Naturally Fermented Pickles (high in probiotics), I think I'll have to try these recipes too!
22. Sweet Pickle Relish made with Honey
23. Dill Pickle Relish - Canning Recipe Included
24. Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickle Spears
25. Overnight Dill Pickle Slices
26. Pickled Peppers
Homemade salad dressings are a great way to save money! Make your own for less, with the added benefit of knowing exactly what ingredients were used.
27. Honey Mustard dressing is one of my favorites! Lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, some avocados, and a bunch of homemade Honey Mustard... mmmmmm, that's a good meal right there!
28. Olive Garden is known for their salads, and now you can skip the cost of dining out and make that famous dressing at home!
29. Jalapeno Ranch?? Grab the recipe here!
30. Last but not least, a classic recipe - Caesar Salad Dressing.
Related: Check out my new recipe for 2 Minute Ranch Dressing
Great for parties, or just a late night snack, these dips will keep you going (when the salsa runs out ;-))
31. Raspberry Honey Mustard Dip - I hear this is great over Homemade Cream Cheese!
32. I actually made this Nacho Cheese Sauce recently - With raw milk and raw cheese. It was AMAZING! I threw a little salsa in there to give it more of a restaurant feel... perfect!
Here are a few other staple condiments it's good to have around.
Related: DIY Garlic Powder
33. Tartar Sauce
34. Customizable Taco Seasonings from Gimme Some Oven.
35. Homemade Burger Seasoning from It Is A Keeper
36. Probiotic rich Horseradish from Learning and Yearning
Just wanted to say thank u for these! easy way to live healthier and with less waste! Do u have one for regular ranch? My sons favorite. I know you can get the packets but I just don’t see how they are any better for you. Thank you!
You’re so welcome! Did you want a recipe for ranch dressing or ranch dressing powder? Let me know!
I’m so glad I found this! Thank you for sharing these easy-to-make condiments. I really prefer homemade products over products bought at stores because it is healthier and more cost-effective too.